2017 Nebraska Writing Center Consortium Meeting
Adapting, Responding, Innovating: Nebraska Writing Centers in 2017
The 11th annual Nebraska Writing Center Consortium Meeting will be hosted by the University of Nebraska-Lincoln on September 29, 2017. We invite proposals that explore the ways your writing center is adapting, responding, and innovating in 2017. Are there new challenges or opportunities you are experiencing in your center? Is your center responding to our current political climate in some way? Have you found new approaches to tutor training or different ways to adapt to students’ writing needs?
The NWCC meeting is a prime opportunity to test out new ideas or to practice and refine presentations for upcoming international, national, and regional writing center conferences (IWCA, NCPTW, and MWCA). With that in mind, we invite you to submit 150-250 word proposals for any of the following types of presentations:
- Panel Presentation: 3 to 4 presentations of 15-20 minutes each on a specific theme or question.
- Individual Presentation: 15-20 minute presentation (that will be combined into a panel).
- Workshop: A participatory session that engages attendees in active learning.
- Roundtable Discussion: 15 minutes of introductory framing by the leader(s) followed by a facilitated discussion among attendees.
- Ignite Presentation: A 5-minute presentation composed of 20 images each lasting 15 seconds (modified PechaKucha).
- Poster Presentation: A research-fair style presentation in which the presenter(s) create a visual argument and informally discuss their research with attendees.
Proposals are due by July 15; please send proposals as Word or PDF files to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “2017 NWCC Proposal.” Please include names and contact information for all panel members.
Information on registration and lodging forthcoming. Please feel free to contact Dr. Rachel Azima at email@example.com with any questions.