Featured Writing Center – Call for Submissions
The Midwest Writing Centers Association (MWCA) seeks submissions for a regular feature on our blog, Midwest Voices, highlighting specific member writing centers and sharing information about their mission, services, and staff. This call goes out to writing centers at all levels from middle schools to graduate schools and in any context–stand alone, part of a learning commons, etc.
What is MWCA?
MWCA is a regional, nonprofit organization that encourages communication and collaboration among centers in the Midwestern region of the United States, which include Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Upper Michigan, and Wisconsin. MWCA’s mission is to assist writing centers in promoting clear and effective writing, offer support to those who are involved in writing center work and encourage scholarly activities such as primary/secondary research and presentations/publications of research results.
Please follow this link to a Google Form that will ask you to respond to a series of prompts and/or questions:
- Contact name/e-mail:
- Name of center:
- Name of institution (ex: DePaul University):
- Location (City/State):
- Describe your institutional context.
- What are your hours during the academic year?
- If you have a mission statement, what is it?
- Tell us about how your writing center is staffed.
- Tell us how your tutors are trained.
- Tell us about the writers you work with.
- Tell us about some programs and/or collaborations your writing center participates in.
- Tell us two additional things you’d like people to know about your writing center.
Please submit 3-5 photos, highlighting your writing center and staff to the Midwest Voices Editor, at email@example.com.
- These photos can be in .jpg or .png format
If your writing center is chosen to be “featured” on the MWCA website, we will contact you with an estimated posting date and solicit any necessary clarifications.
If you have any questions, please contact Jenny Staben at firstname.lastname@example.org.