Tutor Reflections-Call for Submissions
The Midwest Writing Centers Association (MWCA) seeks submissions from tutors at the high school, undergraduate, graduate, or professional level, on a wide variety of writing center related topics for publication on our blog, Midwest Voices.
What is MWCA?
MWCA is a regional, nonprofit organization that encourages communication and collaboration among centers in the Midwestern region of the United States, which include Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, Upper Michigan, and Wisconsin. MWCA’s mission is to assist writing centers in promoting clear and effective writing, offer support to those who are involved in writing center work, and encourage scholarly activities, such as primary/secondary research and presentations/publications of research results.
Submissions should be no longer than 750 words. We seek submissions covering or relating to writing center work including but not limited to:
- Narratives or reflections on reasons for becoming a tutor.
- Narratives or reflections on things you’ve learned from your writing center work.
- Narratives or reflections on how writing center work has influenced you.
- Narratives or reflections on conference experiences.
- Narratives or reflections on ideas from other disciplines/fields that have helped you as a tutor.
- Narratives or reflections on how tutoring is applicable to life after graduation (or simply outside a writing center context.
- Narratives or reflections on other writing-center related topics.
If you have any questions or wish to submit a potential blog post, please contact Jenny Staben at email@example.com.